Therapeutic Touch (TT) is a holistic, evidence-based therapy that incorporates the intentional and compassionate use of the universal energy to promote balance and well-being in all aspects of the individual: body, mind, and spirit.
The most reliable effects of Therapeutic Touch are:
- Elicits the relaxation response
- Alleviates pain
- Accelerates the healing response
- Reduce anxiety, aggressive behavior
- Regulate and support the immune function
- Palliative care or care of the terminally ill
- Reduce the effects of chemo and radiation
- Stress Management
- Fever reduction
- Chronic illness
- Chemical withdrawal
A session of TT consists of the client sitting in a chair (or a bed if client is in Hospice) while I assesses for irregularities of energy. I then modulate these energies to create an even energy flow. This modality does not require physical touch but can include it depending on what is found during the assessment. TT is not faith healing; it is fueled by compassion and intention. Treatments are 20-30 minutes in length. TT can also be done via a distance healing session.